The chemical-mechanical polishing, barrelling, tribofinishing or trovalisation is a process that allows to modify the surface state and the edges of metal, synthetic material, ceramic parts, etc...
By immersing them in an abrasive mixture set in vibratory, oscillatory or rotary motion in an open or closed tank.
The result obtained (deburring, scoring, polishing, shining, cleaning, degreasing, matte effect) is due to the friction between the parts and the abrasive mixture.
It depends on :
- The type of equipment used.
- The composition of the abrasive mixture.
- The speed parameters.
- The duration of the operation.
What is tribofinishing for?
- Deburring, scribing: Removal of burrs, breaking of edges, removal of sharp corners.
- Polishing, shining, matte effect: Improvement of rough surfaces, polished, shiny, matte appearance.
- Cleaning, degreasing: Removal of impurities and grease from all types of surfaces.
Types of parts by:
- Machined parts (Carabiners, Fingers, Pulley supports, Rings...)
- Deep drawn parts (Flanges, Hinges, stamped parts, machined parts...)
- Metal/plastic parts from additive manufacturing (3D Printing)
THE ADVANTAGES OF TRIBOFINISHING
The main advantages :
- Plurality of part types.
- Small, medium and large series.
- Economical process.
- Less wear on your components.
- Work on the bearing capacity: Modification of the sliding coefficient.
- Very low roughness. Reduction of friction.
- Improvement of corrosion resistance.
- Improvement of the resistance to pitting.